Health & Safety On-Site At GBTA Convention 2021 In Orlando, FL
February 10, 2021
When GBTA Convention 2021 takes place in July 17-21, nearly 2 years will have passed since the business travel community has come together in person. As an attendee, you can rest assured that as we plan for the industry’s flagship event the safety of our attendees is our #1 top priority. Find out how GBTA and the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) will keep you safe during GBTA Convention 2021.
OCCC has received its Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery. GBAC is a division of ISSA (International Sanitary and Supply Association) and composed of international leaders in the field of microbial-pathogenic threat analysis, mitigation, response and recovery. GBAC led the effort on the SARS outbreak and was the lead agency in the eradication of Ebola. GBAC provides training, guidance, accreditation, crisis management assistance and leadership to government, commercial and private entities looking to mitigate, address and/or recover from biological threats in real-time.
Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) is one of the largest venues in the nation to receive the GBAC STAR™ accreditation.
Will I be required to wear a mask? Will PPE wear be provided?
Yes, we will require masks. Gaiters, bandanas, and wearing only a face shield will not be permitted. GBTA will provide masks and hand sanitizer. We will monitor face-covering guidelines and will provide any updates prior to the convention.
What precautions is GBTA implementing for the safety and health of attendees?
The health and safety of our employees and attendees are a priority.
- On-site medical in partnership with Event Medical Services. GBTA will work with Event Medical Services and security teams to develop COVID-19 risk plans.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols for GBTA meeting and event spaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space by the OCCC and GBTA.
- Require frequent employee and vendor handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and increase monitoring to ensure adherence.
For a complete list of precautions, click here.
Attendee/Exhibitor Personal Safety Commitment
- By registering and attending GBTA Convention 2021, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions, such as but not limited to, standards of behavior and engage in certain health-and-safety conduct as directed by state/local laws while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to daily temperature checks, wearing a mask at all times in public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
- In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not attend the GBTA Convention. By attending the GBTA Convention, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
- I agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact GBTA if you experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in the GBTA convention.
Register HERE for GBTA Convention 2021